Toddlers are very special little human beings that require their own type of care. Too often, Montessori toddler settings are watered-down versions of the Montessori 3-6 classrooms. These are not appropriate for the toddler’s needs.
The MCSA Toddler Course is aimed at all adults working with toddlers, whether in a school or home setting. This series of eight 3-hour interactive workshops is designed to bring an awareness of the toddler’s specific needs and to assist the participants in providing developmentally appropriate practice.
It is important to note that this is not an accredited qualification, but a specialisation workshop series.
The MCSA Toddler Course will be delivered face-to-face at our Cape Town and Pretoria centres in 2023.
Cape Town Course Dates – Now enrolling for 2024!
The next Cape Town course will be delivered once a week on Wednesday afternoons from 14:00 – 17:00.
- Wednesday 06 March 2024 – Who is the toddler?
- Wednesday 13 March 2024 – The Curiosity Approach
- Wednesday 20 March 2024 – Supporting Physical Development
- Wednesday 10 April 2024 – Supporting Intellectual Development
- Wednesday 17 April 2024 – Supporting Language Development
- Wednesday 24 April 2024 – Supporting Emotional Development
- Wednesday 08 May 2024 – Supporting Social Development
- Wednesday 15 May 2024 – Parent Liaison and Report Writing
Johannesburg Course Dates – Now enrolling for 2024!
The next Johannesburg course will be delivered in one block in the June/July school holidays.
- Wednesday 26 June 2024 – Who is the toddler?
- Thursday 27 June 2024 – The Curiosity Approach
- Friday 28 June 2024 – Supporting Physical Development
- Saturday 29 June 2024 – Supporting Intellectual Development
- Saturday 29 June 2024 – Supporting Language Development
- Monday 01 July 2024 – Supporting Emotional Development
- Tuesday 02 July 2024 – Supporting Social Development
- Wednesday 03 July 2024 – Parent Liaison and Report Writing
The course is in the form of lectures, discussion groups and practical application of developmentally appropriate materials. These are supported with workshop modules.
- Who is the toddler?
- The Curiosity Approach
- Supporting Physical Development
- Supporting Intellectual Development
- Supporting Language Development
- Supporting Emotional Development
- Supporting Social Development
- Parent Liaison and Report Writing
There is no entrance requirement for this course as it is not a qualification course.
No application is necessary as this is not a qualification course. Interested parties may immediately proceed with the enrolment process below.
Students who are fully engaged on the series of workshops will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Students who miss components will receive a Certificate of Attendance for the sessions they have attended.