Montessori Centre South Africa (MCSA) was established in 2011 and is currently one of the biggest Montessori teacher training colleges in South Africa. Our blended learning approach serves the diverse needs of students across the region. We are accredited and verified providers of two nationally accredited qualifications through the ETDP SETA. Our national accreditation and various professional affiliations allow us to offer a variety of Montessori teacher training options to South African students.
Montessori education is growing across the world. There are over 300 Montessori schools around South Africa.
We are fortunate in being able to draw on a wide pool of the most experienced Montessori teacher trainers in the region. All our lecturers have a minimum of 5 years classroom experience, undergo annual trainer training, and are registered assessors with the ETDP SETA.
We recognise that there is a need for both on-campus and supported online study options. Our courses are ideal for those students who need to work whilst studying.
When looking at a qualification, always ensure that the qualification is appropriately nationally accredited. The qualification must have a SAQA ID number, and must be listed on the South African National Qualifications Framework. See our FAQs for more detail.
Online Learning Portal
All coursework is housed on our interactive Online Learning Portal. This allows us to ensure that our students have the most current modules and resources at hand. Dedicated tutors are available for chats and forum support.
Our Montessori and Professional Ethos
- We are experienced and respected in the field of Montessori education, nationally and internationally.
- All our tutors are registered assessors and moderators with the ETDP SETA.
- Our faculty undergoes annual Trainer Training and engages in continuous professional development, nationally and internationally.
- As a body, we have a broad spectrum of additional higher education qualifications and continue to develop our skills and knowledge.
- We are committed to the development of Montessori children, educators and schools on the African continent.
- We are active in social responsibility projects such as providing teacher training in disadvantaged communities, collecting and distributing Montessori materials to schools in need and providing mentorship where needed.